This single-unit qualification is designed to help experienced advisers develop and demonstrate their knowledge of investment products. It also covers what constitutes sound professional practice, thereby providing a framework for ethical behaviour.
Who is it for?
Experienced non-UK financial advisers and insurance agents advising on,or aspiring to advise on, investment planning. These individuals will usually hold one or more of the other Award qualifications.
What candidates will learn
At the end of this unit, candidates will be able to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Unit 1 : Main macro-economic factors that impact upon investment returns
- Unit 2 : Cash deposit investments, government securities and corporate bonds
- Unit 3 : Equity based investment products
- Unit 4 : Property investment
- Unit 5 : Collective investment products and alternative investments
- Unit 6 : The risks faced by investors and the importance of asset allocation in the investment process
- Unit 7 : Ethical considerations of a financial adviser.
None, although you are required to already have a good understanding of financial advice principles and products.
To complete you need to obtain 10 CII credits by passing unit(AWF) Award in Investment Planning.
- Printed study text (changing to ebook and printable PDF from 01 May 2015)
- Exam guide
- First exam entry.
- 1 hour exam
- 50 multiple choice questions and 2 case studies each comprising 4 multiple choice questions
- 70% nominal pass marks
- Results released after 5 weeks.
The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Professionalism in practice
As the premier professional body for the financial services profession, the CII promotes higher standards of integrity, technical competence and business capability. With over 115,000 members in more than 150 countries, the CII is the world’s largest professional body dedicated to this sector.
Success in CII qualifications is universally recognised as evidence of knowledge and understanding. Membership of the CII signals a desire to develop broad professional capability and subscribe to the standards associated with professional status.
The CII works with businesses to develop bespoke, company-wide solutions that ensure competitive advantage by enhancing employees’ technical and professional competence.
Individually, CII’s members are able to drive their personal development and maintain their professional standing through an unrivalled range of learning services and by adhering to the CII’s Code of Ethics.